- Dashboard size is 500px wide by 600px tall.
- Create a table that shows sales for category and year. When you click on a category show the sales by sub-category below it.
- Use the right arrow “►” and the down arrow “▼” to indicate when details are showing. This makes it look like an accordion.
- Match row borders and row shading to highlight these values.
- Union the data to itself one time.
- One part of the union will create the summary for category and the other will create the summary for sub-category.
With 2018.3 Tableau Set actions is a game changer for single sheet drill-down. Let’s start how to solve the problem step by step
Step 1: First Analyze the requirement carefully
If you see the visualization, Category, and Subcategory in the Same column like below
Step 2: If you drag and Drop Category and Subcategory with a year of order data then you will getting a view like below
Step 3: In order to bring the Category and Sub Category in the Same Column we need to union the data source –> Excel –> Drag Orders to Data Source Pane –> Once again Drag Orders to Data Source you will get an option to union the data.
Step 4: Once you union the data –> Click on Sheet 1 –> Drag the Category, Table Names and Sub Category Like Below –> you can see for every category there is 2 subcategory DataSet, One is for Orders and Other Orders1 Table Name.
Step 5: Create a Set on Category –> Uncheck all the Values
Step 6: Create a calculation like below to bring subcategory and Category into the same column (ASCII Characters –> ▼/▶
Step 7: Drag Category Final Field to filter –> Select HIDE –> Exclude
Step 8: Drag Category, Table Name, and Category Final to Rows and Year of Order Date to Columns and Sum of Sales to Text
Step 9: Create Set Actions –> Go to Worksheet –> Actions –> Add Action –> Change Set Values
Step 10: Configure the Set Actions Like below
Step 11: Click on Category and Table Name in Columns –> Uncheck Show Header
Step 12: Click on the Sheet –> Format –> Shading –> Update the formatting section like Below
Step 13: Click on Sheet –> On Top Change from Standard to Fit
Step 14: Place on the Dashboard –> Arrange width and Height as per the specification.